System integration with Arcmedia E-Commerce Service Layer (ESL)
A secure and seamless system integration with ESL
As part of our Arcmedia Omnichannel Suite, ESL takes care of the integration of the decoupled systems. With ESL, we have developed a middleware for seamless and secure integration. ESL enables a fluent data exchange between the systems and convinces with a high security standard.
Blog: Why you need systems integration (only available in German)
As the IT requirements of companies become larger and more complex, system integration is becoming increasingly important. Due to the topicality and relevance of system integration, we take up the following topics in our blog:
- What is meant by system integration
- How systems are integrated
- What are the advantages of system integration
- What is meant by the e-commerce service layer (ESL)
The structure of our "ESL" system integration
ESL consists of two parts. On the one hand, the standardised core, and on the other hand, the custom ESL. The custom ESL can be understood as a personalised layer that makes the data from the most diverse systems compatible for the ESL core. The systems communicate with each other via a variety of APIs. This guarantees that we do not have to make any changes to your systems for system integration.
How our system integration "ESL" work
ESL provides middleware that coordinates and executes data between your systems. ESL as a whole can be thought of as an intermediary. ESL-Custom takes the data in its original structure and converts it into the structure required by the receiving system. In this way, the systems can communicate seamlessly with each other.
ESL stands out with these functions
The system architecture with ESL combines decoupled systems and thus offers an increased guarantee for flexible future planning, independent of new systems or new partners. In addition, ESL has useful functions such as:
- Changing the data structure: your data is made compatible for all your systems
- Delta determination: if your data changes, it is immediately updated in all systems
- Error handling: if a faulty entity occurs during a data import or export, it will be skipped and your import or export will not be interrupted